Thursday, August 7, 2008

Nobody Told Me...

Although I've been around a lot of babies and heard a lot of stories/advice during my pregnancy on how things would be when Tyler arrived, there was still a lot that I have been learning on my own.

Nobody told me that...

Somehow you can have a 7 lb 7 oz baby and still leave the hospital only 4 pounds lighter than when you came in (I must have been retaining as much fluid as a water buffalo)

The clock for those every 2 - 3 hour feedings ticks from start-to-start instead of start-to-finish (okay, I probably heard this one but must have blocked it out)

I could be home bound for days on end and somehow not get stir-crazy
(I typically have a hard time sitting still for 5 minutes)

Makeup and hair take a backseat to diapers and staring at your baby for hours on end

Somehow you can get by with less sleep than you ever thought possible

You can't imagine your life without your baby just a few short hours after they are born

If you charged a dollar to everyone that wanted to hold your baby, you would be rich (maybe that's how some people are able to become stay-at-home moms)

You get a lot of joy out of seeing people light up when they hold your baby (joy that far outweighs the thought of charging a dollar per holding session :) )

You can love someone so much that your heart really does feel like it's going to burst out of your chest

I'm sure there will be a lot more to add to the list as the days fly by. On another note, I went to the doctor today and was given a good progress report. Dr. E told me that I can start driving again (woo hoo) and can pick up Tyler and his car seat if I need to go anywhere. Mike came home from work to take us to the doctor, so I was able to get in a nap when we got home while Mike and Tyler got in some PlayStation time.

Here's a picture of Mike and Tyler taking a nap. Notice any similarities?



This is just one of Tyler's many cute expressions. How can you resist this face?

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Like father like son...I love that picture of the two of them. I'm thrilled to hear that you are doing so well. Way to go Momma!!I'll call you this week.