Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Final Countdown

Monday...MondaY...MONDAY! That's right, Baby Nickell should be arriving sometime on Monday, July 21. We're supposed to be at the hospital at 5:30 a.m., so he'll be here by about 6:00 a.m., right people? Yeah, yeah, I know we could be in for a loooong day, but I have a feeling that it will be worth it. :) My blood pressure was elevated at my appointment this week, so after some monitoring and blood tests the doctor decided that it would be best to induce early next week. I would rather be poked by 50 needles in my eye than have my blood pressure taken, so I'm really not surprised that it was high at the hospital. There's something about taking a "test" that you can't study for that messes with my head, but that's another story for another day. I'm also off work for the next two days (yawn), so I'm going to try to behave and do as close to nothing as possible.

As far as names go, we're still not set. Any ideas? Anyone? Here are a few of the names that we like right now. Please don't tell me if you hate any of them...because we may pick one and then I'll remind you for the rest of your life about how much you hate his name.

Brady Thomas or Brady Paul or Brady ?
Tyler Jeffrey
Garrett Michael
Eli Jeffrey

Maybe when he's born we'll just know what to name him. Like, "he looks like a ...." I told Mike that could work, but what if all I can think of is that "he looks like Beldar (one of the coneheads from SNL)." That could be a little risky.

I guess I should go "rest" for a while. Here are a few pictures from my work baby shower and the baby's room.







4 comments:

Danielle said...

As Macy would say, "I LOBE it". The room is so cute and I loved the cake and cupcakes. You and Daddy look great too. I like all the names but I think...

Brady Thomas or Garrett Michael are my favorties.

Ok...I gave you my thoughts...Oh wait...I still like Barnaby Nickell too..

Love you and I can't wait to meet him when I come in a few weeks.

If I didn't have to sell one of my children to get there on Monday (to pay for gas) I'd be there. I love you and I'm praying for you...

BIG HUGS!!!
Danielle

Danielle said...

Oh by the way,

LOVE the music....

D

Kami said...

For some reason I think it's going to be Brady- it seems like you guys have been tossing that one around for a long time. I really like it and it sounds good with all of the middle names you mentioned. I like the others too though- those were all names we considered too.

Our family said...

You look amazing...Good luck..just take the epideral as soon as you can get it and the rest will be a piece of cake and the prize in the end is sooo worth it all! :-)

I love all your names you picked out. I like the two that Danielle likes the best. But I also like the name Gavin for a boy.
Be sure to have a date night with the two of you before you officially become the 3 of you this weekend! :-)

Congrats and I can't wait to see pics.