Sunday, June 8, 2008

Attack of the Killer...CLUTTER

I think that there are little garden gnomes, fairies, or some other mythical creature coming into my house at night. Their mission? To put STUFF, be it candles, picture frames, magnets, magazines, etc. where they don't belong. LAST NIGHT, these creatures somehow managed to place decorative canisters holding everything from sugar to flour on my kitchen counter tops. I mean, surely I would have noticed them if they would have been there already, right? There were also candles and a plate rack sitting next to the stove. Busy little fairies, I tell you. Despite my protests, Mike swears that the pretty blue canisters have been sitting on the counter since we moved in almost six years ago and that the candles and plate rack have been there for years as well....and that I was the one that placed all of these items...and so goes my newest sickness. I have a slight need - okay obsession - to get rid of, organize, and declutter every inch of the house. I would like to explain further, but I have to go before the bookshelf behind me collapses under the weight of the 2,000 highly unorganized books sitting on it. Kristie to the rescue.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

It's called NESTING my friend. Only a few more weeks till I get to see you...YEAH!!

Anonymous said...

Yes - nesting at its finest.

Anonymous said...

I have a Clutter problem and I am NOT Nesting! I may be the only single girl with no kids left from whole WHS class! But I still have clutter monsters! I always blame the dog! HAHA Hope you are doing well! Lets keep in touch!