Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Leg Cramps
Who was the wise soul that uttered the phrase "no pain, no gain"? Was it Mr T? Oh wait, he said "I pity the fool," which may also be appropriate in this case. Anyway, why didn't anyone tell me that part of my pregnancy would include waking up in the middle of the night in excruciating pain? No, the baby isn't kicking me in the spine. That might be kind of sweet. Instead, I keep waking up with one of my calf muscles cramped up like I ran the Boston Marathon. I know I sound dramatic, but it's true. The first few times I screamed and almost clawed Mike's arm off. Over time, I've learned to tolerate the torture a little bit better. Now I quietly lay there praying for mercy and grabbing my calf (which is also getting harder as my belly is getting bigger). Maybe this whole experience is getting me ready for the pain of labor. I know, I know...I haven't felt pain yet. But for now, can all you mothers out there at least help me continue with this fantasy? For now I will just try to remember that somehow these leg cramps are all part of bringing a beautiful baby boy into this world....and try to remember the "no pain, no gain" philosophy. Wait - does anyone know if they give leg crap epidurals?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment