Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Random Thoughts - Shawshank Redemption & Swollen Ankles
Okay, so if you have kids, you probably know about all sorts of things that happen during pregnancy that you would never tell your girlfriends without kids about - partially because they wouldn't understand and partially because they would never want to have kids if they knew about what they were about to endure. I haven't experienced any of the super-bad stuff yet, but a few weird things have happened to me recently. For example, last night, I really thought that this kid was going to magically jump through my belly. Do you remember the movie Shawshank Redemption when Andy Dufresne (Tim Robbins) finally broke free of the prison after tunneling through the prison walls with a rock hammer for almost twenty years? Well...that's what it felt like Baby Nickell was doing last night - all in one night. There he was, tunneling away with a baby-sized rock hammer trying to break through the walls of my belly. Don't get me wrong...I've felt him kick plenty of times, but this was like 100 times what I had experienced. I had to call Mike in as a witness to make sure that I wasn't crazy. AND ANOTHER THING...nobody told me that my ankles would start to disappear so soon. I mean, there are good days and bad, but on some days I can barely see the bones in my ankles. I think something is wrong when your feet are bigger than your belly. Not to worry, though, my belly is starting to catch up pretty quickly. Alright...that's all for now. Don't get me wrong. This whole pregnancy thing is an amazing and wonderful miracle...and that's ALL I will tell my friends without kids someday when they think they're ready to have a baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Do you have any friends that don't have babies? HAHAH!! You know I am kidding and love you. Your poor body will go through so much change just wait and enjoy. It truly is an AMAZING experience. Love you!
Hey...as long as your boobs don't reach your feet, it's a good day. ;)
Post a Comment