When Mike picked naked Tyler up to put him in the bath, he manages to poop (just a little) in Mike's hand. We had to replace a towel (and wash Mike's hands), but again, no big deal. Since Tyler is starting to like his baths (although he usually keeps a death grip on Mike's shirt the whole time), the process is pretty enjoyable. He seems to like the soapy water cleaning up his cute little belly. Sooooo, we get Tyler into the bath, get him all cleaned up, out of the bath, and dry when we see nice little floaters in the water. YUCK. On top of that, before we can get the diaper on, you guessed it, more poop. This time it goes through two towels. Oh well...no big deal. We get another towel to wrap him up and start to clean out his tub.
We waited a little bit for bath #2, just to make sure that Tyler's leak has been fixed. Again, we get him ready, start his bath, and try to resume our evening routine. Wait - I forgot that when we got him ready for this one, you guessed it, a little present on the towel. Sheesh. I mean, no big deal. Anyway, I know you're getting fatigued by now reading this story, but I want you to experience our pain, I mean joy. So...we start the bath when a two foot stream of well, not water, shoots up the air. Yep. Here we go again. Mike got him out of the bath. I changed the water, and we were ready for bath #3. No big deal, um, right? Anyway, we finally got him cleaned up in clean water and were ready to settle down for the night.
So...one sheet, one mattress pad, eight towels, fifteen washcloths, fifty gallons of water, and one super-clean baby later, we were all done. No big deal.
2 comments:
Oh my! Fun times in the Nickell house! I'm a litte ashamed to admit that when it's just urine, Ben says "It's sterile" and proceeds to swish around the water to dilute it. Nice.
Welcome to the JOYS of parenthood. I love it!! I remember those days well. LOVE the picture of his sweet face.
Post a Comment