I can't believe that you are four months old today. Where has the time gone? It's kind of funny, but it really is hard to remember a time without you in our lives. If I think REALLY hard, I can kind of remember a few nice beaches and Saturday sleep-ins, but those days just don't seem to matter very much. It's like you have always been a part of our family, like you were created to be a part of us (Oh wait! You were!).
You've changed so much since we brought you home and are developing quite the personality. You can roll over (one way), hold your own bottle, stand up with very little assistance, use your chubby little hands to grab things, and squeal in delight when something makes you happy (this one happens a lot).
You LOVE your Brown Bear book (especially the silly way that Mommy reads it), holding on to Daddy at bath time, looking in the mirror during changing time, and singing songs (and somehow all the songs end up with your name in them).
You do not LOVE going to sleep (because you're afraid that you'll miss something), getting stuck on your belly, when someone else is getting your attention, and getting your fingernails trimmed.
I love getting you out of bed every morning so we can spend a little quality time before Mommy has to go to work. All of your morning smiles go to work with me everyday to help me get along. I love getting to see how much joy others get out of spending time with you. I love when your whole body smiles, when you laugh so hard that you start to hiccup, and when you look at me so intently that I think you're staring into my soul. You make me a better person, Tyler J, and for that I am very thankful.
Isn't it funny that four months ago, we were so clueless that we couldn't even pick out a name for you? We had no idea what to do with a baby, and I was secretly worried that I wouldn't figure it out. Luckily all that changed the first time we saw you. It's like you sprinkled magical (and very masculine) fairy dust that gave us super parenting powers. Your Daddy is amazing with you. He always seems to know just what to do to make you feel better. I love watching the two of you together.
You are our precious Tyler Jeffrey--Angel Boy--Handsome Man--Mr. T--Pooty Man--TJ--Ty Guy. God has a plan for your life, little man, and your Daddy and I are so incredibly blessed to share this journey with you.
Love always and forever,
Mommy
3 comments:
Kristie he is adorable. I'm tagging you. Check my blog for the rules.
I still can't believe it's been 4 months. Time is going by so fast. He is looking even more like daddy now. Children are amazing. Ok, so how much did he weigh?
Tyler is a lucky young man with such a sensitive and loving mother. I am glad I 'saved the link'
Grace and Peace,
mike hearne
Post a Comment