Here are a few highlights/observations from our adventure:
** Tyler sat at the bar. Seriously. We went to Eskimo Joe's with Lisa and Dustin and the place was crazy. Since it was game day, they implemented a "find your own table" policy, which really means "stare people down until they feel weird about eating in front of you and decide to leave" policy. We found one smaller table and decided to split up so that we could eat before Tyler got fussy. Lisa, Tyler, and I found a table, and Mike and Dustin sat at the bar. To make a long story short, Tyler decided to let me know that he would rather be at the bar with the guys and was much happier once he got there. In another "first" - Uncle Dustin got to hold Tyler for the first time when Mike signed his credit card receipt.
** The SAME GUY who would run us over in the Student Union food area in the late 1990s is still there...and he almost RAN ME OVER with his trash can - just like old times. Seriously - I was pushing the stroller down a one-way aisle when I saw him coming. I had about a millisecond to get out of the way before we got smashed. I almost wanted to give him a hug for reminding me of the good 'ole days.
** NERDS! NERDS! NERDS! We actually took our picture with Tyler in front of the Engineering building (Engineering North for those of you in "the know"). I felt like a grandma posing in front of my old stomping grounds, but something about it seemed right. It's hard to believe that it's been almost a DECADE since I was at OSU trying to understand my Russian Physical Chemistry professor (who happened to have a terrible stutter) and living off Laffy Taffy and Coca-Cola with the support of some great friends.
** Cushing broke Tyler's eye. For those of you who don't know, Cushing is the little-bitty town where my sister Lisa and her husband Dustin live. We stayed with them for a couple of nights during our trip and Tyler got some sort of eye infection while we were there. Anyway, I blamed the town for Tyler's first ailment. Luckily for Cushing, the infection cleared up so I no longer have to sue the town for breaking my baby.
Sheesh...it sure is hard to blog about something that happened several weeks ago. I'll try to remember that for next time. Here are a few pics from the trip:
Mommy & Tyler in front of Engineering North (yeah, I was serious about the picture)

Mommy & Tyler at Aunt Lisa & Uncle Dustin's House
Aunt Lisa & Tyler
2 comments:
Cute pics, as usual. I'm so amused about your Russian professor with the stutter. I actually had a Phonetics professor who was from Denmark. Who was the smarty pants that put a man with a heavy accent in charge of a class about the pronunciation/transcription of the English language?
glad you can see the mattresses in the background! But guess that's how we role at our house, always an unfinished project, fun times.
Post a Comment